Evil Inc.

Evil Inc. by Brad Guigar

forums

welcome! please login or register.

<

POLL RESULTS: Preview: Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil: (5 comments)

POLL: Preview: Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:05 AM

[NEWSARAMA]"Everybody needs somebody sometime," goes the classic song. And perhaps that's true for supervillains as well. But what happens when Dr. Doom, the armored monarch of Latveria, decides to team up with the other supervillains of the Marvel Universe?

This January, prepare to find out in Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil written by fan-favorite Paul Tobin (Age of the Sentry and many Marvel Adventures books) with art by Patrick Scherberger. Tobin gave us the 411 on Doom's latest scheme and what's coming up with his Marvel Adventures books (hint: insanity). We also entered into a lively debate as to our favorite Marvel supervillain.

Let the madness commence...

Read the entire interview at Newsarama.
POLL: This is the latest in a long line of villain-centric titles offered by the Big Two. What's the most promising villain-centric series?

20% (107) Secret Six

1% (10) Terror Titans

6% (33) The yet-unnamed weekly DC villain series

13% (69) Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil

57% (294) Evil Inc Annual Report Vol 4, slated to appear in early 2009
513 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)
viking
goon

Nov 2008
Re: POLL: Preview: Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evi (Score: 1)
posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 07:51 AM (#45829)

Not really much of a Masters Of Evil is it though? I got quite excited by the Title, but then realised it's pretty much just Doctor Doom and the Sinister Six (which would be an awesome name for a band), with Chameleon replacing Electro. Although, judging by the art style and costumes (and the fact that appears to be Sergei rather than Alyosha, Ana or Vladimir) it appears this is a Marvel Adventures title? Which could be quite an interesting move (the younger audience focused line having a villain centric title).

Locked profile
ThatJeff
goon

Sep 2008
posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 10:42 AM (#45832)

Well, judging from the fact that just about all of the villains are Spider-Man villains, it looks more like a vendetta out for him. What kills me is the fact that if you put this bunch against Secret Six, I'm thinking Secret Six wins hands down. I mean, come on--Vulture and Kraven? Surely Doom can do better than that....

Locked profile
Splinky
goon

Nov 2006
posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:22 PM (#45834)

Um... shouldn't this be called Dr. Doom and the Sinister Six? Maybe they figured people would think they were ripping off the Secret Six.

Locked profile
Earlofthercs
goon

Nov 2008
posted Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 06:42 PM (#45838)
In Response to ThatJeff (#45832):

You have to be kidding, ThatJeff, right? I mean in a straight brawl Catman, Deadshot, Scandal, Ragdoll, Bane & Tarantula against Sandman, Mysterio, Chameleon, Kraven, Vulture & Doctor Octopus?could go either way, because hey, its comics!

The Secret Six's members are nastier, more prone to use lethal force and all `good fighters' where as the sinister group admittedly have `weaker' members like Chameleon (a great spy and manipulator but next to useless in a fist fight) balanced by powerhouses like Sandman and Doc Oc (who'd outclass any member of the six by a mile in a direct confrontation, though with prep Catman, Scandal or Bane could come up with something to take them down I guess, on the other hand Mysterio is a total wildcard and it’d be hard to say what `effect’ he could have on the fight.)

In either case casting aspersions on Kraven's ability is just madness. I mean he's fought one on one with Spider-Man, Black Panther and Sabretooth and held his own, and they stand as fairly analogous to (or above in Spidey’s case) those DC villains. Likewise, I think Vulture just seems lame because you’ve seen him get beaten so many times, but to be fair, it’s Spider-Man who general kicks the old guys arse, and as I’ve suggested, not one of the Secret Six would have a prayer against him direct and one on one. (Again, prep time or `the element of surprise’ could make a difference, as it did for Kraven in the Last Hunt). So, don’t go underestimating the old bird!

In anycase, I’m enjoying secret six and I think I will enjoy Doctor Doom & the Masters of Evil, so it’s a win all round.

Whoa, that was my biggest geek out in ages! I feel all light headed.

Locked profile
Silvanus
goon

Jan 2008
posted Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 11:15 AM (#45843)

The Big two have been ticking me off with there never ending Epic Events.

So I for one am looking foreword to the next Evil Inc annual report.

Plus…what the hell is Doctor Doom doing with his hands?! Is he auditioning for a Japanese anime? Flipping us off? Showing off a new set of gauntlets?

--
Torture numbers and they'll confess to anything.
Locked profile
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.
© 2005-2010 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited. Privacy policy.