Evil Inc.

Evil Inc. by Brad Guigar

forums

welcome! please login or register.

<

Evil Inc Monthly - April - for 99 CENTS (5 comments)

Evil Inc Monthly - April - for 99 CENTS

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 12:00 AM

Buy it on iPad

Download the PDF for your iPad or other tablet.

Evil Inc Monthly #13 (April 2013)
Buy it on Kindle

Buy it here, and use the Send to Kindle app to place it on your tablet:

Evil Inc Monthly #13 (April 2013) [Kindle]

You can also buy the Evil Inc monthly comic on...

DriveThru

Evil Inc Monthly #13
One year ago this month, I started offering Evil Inc in a tablet-friendly digital comic. The concept is simple, you get all of the upcoming month's Evil Inc comics in one easy-to-read download -- PLUS a special bonus compiled from the archive of Evil Inc.

You guys have responded with gusto, so I'm saying thanks. The 54-page April download is only 99 cents.

Actually, I have another reason. And it's kind of weird to say it, but I will. I think these next four weeks of Evil Inc is some of the strongest work I've ever done in comics. The first two weeks wraps up a three-month storyline with some particularly sharp art and touching writing. And the next two are some of the strongest humor-writing I think I've done.

If you've every wanted to turn on a friend to Evil Inc, this is the month to do it. It's the best of the dramatic side of the strip, and it's the best of the funny side. And if the 99-cent price makes it easier to jump in, that's fine because I know you're going to be back in May after reading this month.

It's formatted to read great on your tablet -- and I have a specially-formatted version to read on your Kindle Fire. I've also found out that these comics look great on the Kindle app for iPhone.

If you remember from volumes 6 and 7 of the Evil Inc graphic novels, there's a parallel universe where all of the villains are heroes. In this universe, Evil Atom is a superhero who creates Justice Inc, which becomes the dominant force on Earth. This dimension's heroes (the Heroic family, Wingman, and rest of the Legion of Justice) are, in the parallel dimension, working as part of an underground resistance movement and branded as villains by Jutsice Inc. And, as you may also remember, Captain Heroic thought the parallel-universe Miss Match was the real deal... and even had some tender moments with her before the truth was revealed. Well... this multi-part storyline continues this month as Captain Heroic and Miss Match meet a parallel-universe version of their son -- and he has a huge problem. For some reason, living in the parallel universe is killing him. And the only way to save his life is for Cap and Miss match to bring him back to the Evil Inc Universe and raise him as their own.

It all comes to a conclusion this month -- and the Heroic-Match family is never gonna be the same.

And, as if that weren't enough...

• TALES FROM THE EVIL INC ARCHIVE: Last week, "Tales" presented the "CAPTAIN HEROIC NO MORE" storyline. This picks up where that one left off, with Cap dealing with his powerlessness -- and careens headlong into an epic battle that will embroil almost everyone in the Evil Inc Universe.

*Saturday strips are not included. They're not part of the story, and I usually prepare those on the fly (sorry, Muskiday), a couple day before they appear on the site.

Just don't spoil it for the others!

Get back issues for your Kindle Fire

psevetson
goon

May 2010
Re: Evil Inc Monthly - April - for 99 CENTS (Score: 0)
posted Monday, April 01, 2013 - 02:23 PM (#62862)

I have neither kindle fire, nor any other tablet. What format is the issue stored in? (I'm hoping it's one I can read in a browser!)

Locked profile
Guigar
goon

Sep 2007
Re: Evil Inc Monthly - April - for 99 CENTS (Score: 1)
posted Monday, April 01, 2013 - 02:51 PM (#62863)
In Response to psevetson (#62862):

If you download the PDF, it's perfect for desktop reading!

Locked profile
Guigar
goon

Sep 2007
Re: Evil Inc Monthly - April - for 99 CENTS (Score: 1)
posted Monday, April 01, 2013 - 02:52 PM (#62864)
In Response to Guigar (#62863):

(The PDF can be found by clicking here. [gum.co])
Locked profile
playamadetxn05
goon

Apr 2013
posted Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 12:32 PM (#62870)

This reminds me of The Incredibles. Awesome! Have you heard of Treadwater? It's kind of like G.I Joes in Europe.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1691151759/tre adwater-the-graphic-novel-vol-1

Locked profile
mycool120
goon

Apr 2013
posted Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 12:59 PM (#62871)
In Response to playamadetxn05 (#62870):

holy jumping moon frogs batman!! lol

They just reached 100% funding in less then a week! How did you find this man!?

Locked profile
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.
© 2005-2010 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited. Privacy policy.